The NCF 2022 is the fifth edition of the NCF, with the previous edition being published in 2005. A committee of experts has developed the NCF 2022, and the following are the objectives of the NCF:
- Flexible and Inclusive Curriculum: The NCF acknowledges that students have diverse needs and abilities, and the school curriculum should be flexible enough to cater to these differences. Thus, the aim is to develop an inclusive education system that meets the needs of all students.
- Holistic Development of Learners: The framework recognises that education should emphasise not only academic learning but also the holistic development of students. Therefore, NCF aims to develop learners’ physical, emotional, social, and cognitive abilities.
- Development of Core Competencies: According to NCF, core competencies are vital for students to succeed in the 21st century, which includes social and emotional skills, cognitive and meta-cognitive skills, and digital literacy.
- Active and Experiential Learning: NCF acknowledges that students learn best through active & experiential learning and aims at providing opportunities for students to engage in hands-on, experiential learning activities that promote comprehensive understanding and retention of concepts.
- Use of Technology in Education: According to NCF, technology plays a significant role in education and promotes its use to improve teaching and learning. In addition, NCF stresses equipping students with digital literacy skills and using technology to impart personalised and adaptive learning experiences.
- Development of 21st Century Skills: The changing needs of the world demand preparing students with the skills necessary to succeed in the 21st century. Additionally, NCF aims to promote the development of skills, including creativity, critical thinking, communication, collaboration, & problem-solving.
Consequently, the implementation of NCF 2022 has the potential to restructure the Indian education system, resulting in the development of competent, all-around students.