Reasons Why Schools Should Embrace New-Age Technologies
Subscribe to our newsletter
The days when chalks and blackboards were mainstream are long gone. It’s the time of smart boards, smart screens, iPads, and tablets.
Kids are naturally tempted by the latest technologies. And they find old-school teaching methods quite boring. It’s the reason why schools that have implemented the latest tech are evolving faster than ever.
Want to discover more benefits of information technology in education? Read along to find out.
What is meant by new-age technologies in the education sector?
Any latest technology/tool/software/app that enables better teaching methods can be defined as a new-age technology.
Here are a few examples:
- Smartboards: It’s the most common one. A smartboard is an interactive board that teachers can use to write and show videos/images/presentations on.
- Interactive Gamification: It applies game-like design thinking to classroom activities and makes learning easy, fun, and rewarding.
- Academic ERP Platforms: Such platforms help school owners manage every aspect of the school from their mobile. Even teachers and parents can manage their kids/students quite easily.
- Remote Learning/Online Classes: A camera/mobile and an internet connection allow you to deliver education in any corner of the world.
- Digital Books: These are actually tablets meant only for studying. All subjects can be accommodated into one tablet or textbook. It helps save quite a lot of paper for the school.
- VR/AR Headsets or wearables: Such headsets can be used to explain complex topics to the student.
What are the benefits of implementing information technology in education?
Enhanced Student Interest
Most kids get bored when it comes to studying. However, they’ll watch YouTube videos all day without blinking.
Why? Well, because technology makes the content visually appealing.
And by embracing new-age technology, you can draw students to study more. Even the most mischievous ones will start studying if the methods are interactive enough.
If students aren’t taught using the latest methods, they’ll find it hard to cope up in schools.
However, if you embrace the latest tech, you can prepare students for the future. This way, students from your school won’t face any problems in higher studies.
Super Easy Management
School ERP solutions can make life so much easier for school administration. These solutions offer a centralized system that contains all the school information such as:
School Financials (expenses, profit or loss)
- Student Data (fee, grades, assignments, exam results, behavior data)
- Teacher Resources and Learning Material
- Transportation Data
All this information is useful to school owners, parents, teachers, and even to the students.
These were some basic advantages of information technology in education. If you want to enjoy these advantages opt for new-age tech for your school.
Embracing new-age technologies has never hurt anyone. It only enables growth!
So, if you’re looking to take your school to the next level, investing in IT solutions can play a big role in this.
At LEAD Powered Schools, we believe in using technology to transform education. And we arm our teachers, students, parents, and school administration with the best tech-enabled solutions. Join hands and let’s work together to scale your school.
3,000+ schools across India are benefiting from their partnership with LEAD. Know More